General Policies Regarding Retreats
At The Creative Place, we want your stay and your creative time to be as enjoyable and pleasant as possible!
Check-in/ check-out times:
Generally, check-in for a retreat is 2:00pm and check-out is noon. However, we will do our best to work with your schedule, so if you have a special request, please ask! Workshop timeframes and some structured retreat timeframes may be different, so check the website for specific times!
Included with your Retreat:
Use of The Creative Studio:
- Individual tables*
- Adjustable chairs*
- Pressing stations, including irons (you may bring your own irons, if you wish)
- Cutting Stations, including cutting mats (please bring rotary cutters and rulers)
- Accu-quilt GO! Cutter (bring your own dies and mats)
- Design wall
*persons attending daytime retreats / workshops with greater than 15 persons may have to use folding chairs or stackable chairs. Persons staying overnight at The Creative Place get first option to use the adjustable chairs provided by The Creative Place. You are always welcome to bring your own chair, if you wish!
Use of The Sleeping Space: sleeps up to 15
- Twin beds
- Bed linens and pillows (feel free to bring your own pillow!)
- Individual bedside table / lockers
Two full baths (walk-in showers); one of the two is fully ADA compliant
- Towels (bath, hand, washcloths)
- Soap and shampoo in each shower
Use of the Kitchen Space:
Download a list of available kitchen items here.
- Dishes / flatware / glassware
- Pots / pans
- Crock-pot, toaster, coffeemaker
Use of Wi-fi
There is a two-night minimum stay per person, unless otherwise specified in a specific Creative Workshop or Creative Retreat.
For retreats or workshops, a deposit is required for each event you wish to book. Please refer to the Retreat Pricing page. The initial deposit is due within 7 days of the reservation. Deposits may be made by check via snail mail (The Creative Place, 118 S. Main, Spring Hill, KS 66093) OR by credit card over the phone (913-484-5496). The deposit is separate from the retreat fee. The deposit is made initially to secure a retreat date or a spot in a workshop, and later becomes the cleaning / security deposit for the retreat or workshop. The retreat fee is due and payable the first day of your retreat. Payment may be made by cash, check, or credit / debit card.
Please have one designated contact person for a group. This is the person who will communicate directly with The Creative Place regarding your retreat, and this person will submit the group’s deposit in one lump sum. Once the retreat fee is paid, the initial deposit becomes the cleaning deposit. If The Creative Place is left “retreat-ready” (per the checklist / guidelines) and undamaged, the deposit is returned to you / your group’s contact person OR you can apply it as deposit for a future retreat or workshop.
Cancellation must be made in writing (via email): email@example.com
- cancel 180 days or more prior to your retreat: the deposit is fully refunded
- cancel 91-180 days prior to your retreat: the deposit will be fully refunded IF the dates are filled by another group
- cancel 90 days or less prior to your retreat: no refund of the deposit will be made
- Any retreat cancelled by The Creative Place for any reason will be fully refunded.
- Inclement weather: If you believe it is unsafe to travel to The Creative Place for a retreat that you are scheduled to attend, please contact Kelly at 913-484-5496. Though no refunds will be issued, the fees you have paid can be transferred to another retreat / workshop at The Creative Place within 12 months of the date cancelled.
There will be a $35 fee for any and all returned checks.
For the health and well-being of all guests and for the care of your projects, belongings, and The Creative Place facility, all indoor spaces of The Creative Place are non-smoking areas. There is a designated smoking area on the patio on the south side of the building. Please dispose of butts in the receptacle provided. There will be a $300 fine for smoking inside the buildings to cover the cost of odor removal / clean-up. If you see someone smoking inside The Creative Place, please call Kelly (913-484-5496) or Jeff ( 913-484-5502) immediately. The smoker will be asked to leave without refund. Should it be evident at the end of a retreat that smoking occurred inside The Creative Place, and The Creative Place staff was not notified, the cleaning deposits will not be refunded.
No pets allowed inside The Creative Place except service animals.
Accidents happen! If something gets broken during your stay, or if you find something in need of repair, please contact us so we can take care of it. Guests will be responsible for excessive damage to the property.
Please contact Kelly Ashton at 913-484-5496 or Jeff Seib at (913-484-5502) if there is any kind of mechanical difficulty. Thank you!
No spraying of basting spray is allowed anywhere inside The Creative Place. Basting spray may be used outside. Thank you!
Pins and Needles:
Please, no pins or needles in the carpeted area of The Creative Place! Thank you!
NO EXTRA GUESTS
- Guests shall leave the premises in neat, undamaged condition, making sure all doors leading outside are locked and secured.
- All dirty dishes must be loaded into the dishwasher and the dishwasher started AND / OR hand-washed.
- All leftover food that was brought in must be removed from the refrigerator / cupboards.
- All trash (kitchen, sleeping area, studio, etc.) must be bagged and placed in trash receptacle outside (back of building) and close lid (if possible).
- All irons must be turned off.
- Furniture must be placed in its original location.
- Used sheets must be placed inside the pillowcase and left at the foot of the bed. Please do not remove mattress covers or pillow protectors. Please do not put blankets inside the pillowcase.
- Used towels and washcloths must be placed in the plastic laundry baskets
- Individual lockers (bedside table) with key: LEAVE KEY IN LOCKER LOCK WHEN LEAVING;