About The Creative Place
Learn about our goals as a welcoming creative space.
Everyone is a creator; everyone is an artist.
I believe that with every fiber of my being. I also know that finding inspiration and creating can be a challenge in the midst of the hustle and bustle of daily life. I have experienced the joy of creating and the joy of participating in retreats with like-minded persons, whether old friends or new acquaintances. That is what The Creative Place is all about: providing a space to be, to explore, to find inspiration, and to create: art, friendships, memories….
Opening The Creative Place is a dream-come-true for me. I love these buildings, and I love the creativity that happens within these walls! I envision The Creative Place to be a sanctuary for the creative soul; a place where magic can and does happen! I can feel the creative energy within the space, and everyone who spends time here exploring their creativity adds to the creative momentum that is here. “Art” happens in many forms: fiber arts (quilt-making, knitting, crocheting, sewing, …), music-making (singing, instrumentals, music writing, …), crafting (beading, scrapbooking, stamping, …), writing (poetry, prose, journaling,…), drawing / painting / sketching, photography, and so much more!!! The Creative Place is available to for a wide variety of artistic pursuits.
About The Creative Place
Located in historic downtown Spring Hill, KS, The Creative Place is close to the Kansas City metropolitan area. Whether it is quilting, scrapbooking, stamping, rug-hooking, sewing, knitting, writing, painting, sketching, music-making or some other type of artistic retreat, our multi-purpose retreat center was designed with you in mind. Our facility is 4,500 square feet with 2,000 square feet dedicated to our arts studio. The arts studio/meeting area boasts fantastic lighting and ample room to pursue your creative passion. In addition, The Creative Place has areas where you can fix a snack or a meal, relax, read a book or take a nap. With just the right mix of inclusion and privacy, The Creative Place is a great place to retreat. Just minutes from the city, you’ll find yourself immersed in a small-town setting, away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Yet, we are conveniently located 15 minutes from Olathe, KS and 30-45 minutes from most of Kansas City, from Lawrence, and many surrounding communities.
While retreating at The Creative Place, you can venture out and visit quaint shops and antique stores in neighboring towns. For our quilters, there is The Quilted Sunflower quilt shop right across the street, and there are literally dozens of other wonderful quilt shops within 30-60 minutes’ drive, nearby in all directions. For our scrapbookers, stampers, and artists, there are area stores you will enjoy, too! See our interactive map for locations and contact information.
Our Facilities include:
- 4,500 square feet, including a 2,000 square ft. arts studio / meeting room
- All facilities are on ground level
- Rolling carts are available for guest convenience in moving supplies and equipment
- Spacious work area, 30” x 60” tables and adjustable (office-style) chairs provided for each overnight guest to use
- Electric outlets on individual circuits throughout the space and power strips for guest convenience
- Ample design walls for quilters
- Cutting and ironing stations, with two irons at each ironing station provided for guest use
- HUGE lightbox table (approx. 30″ x 45″) and Accu-quilt GO! available for guest use
- Kitchen / dining area off the sleeping space, complete with full-sized refrigerator, microwave, range / oven, coffee-maker, dishes, utensils, pots and pans for guest use.
- Coffee, tea, bottled water, and ice provided for guests
- Large Dormitory-style sleeping area for up to 15 persons with two full baths with walk-in showers, including one fully ADA compliant shower / bath
- Two restrooms (one ADA compliant) in the arts studio / meeting space
- WiFi throughout!
- Quilt shop across the street!